Thursday, August 7, 2008

Carson Brooks Miller

Carson made his appearance on Monday, August 4th at 4:47 p.m. He was a very healthy boy weighing in at 9.5 pounds and a whopping 22 inches long. I started having contractions around 8:00 Sunday night. I tried to go to bed and around 11:30 Zack and I decided that we should probably get the car seat ready to go even if nothing happened because Weds would be here before we knew it. We both decided that we would try to get some sleep. Zack fell right to sleep and I laid in bed until about 2:45 with these contractions. Finally I paged the Dr. and she told me to go ahead and head to the hospital. We got to the ER around 3:15 and were in our room in Labor and Delivery by 3:30. They got my IV in and I was settled in and they offered me my epidural. I decided that I was going to wait and get it when the Dr. came by in the morning. I didn't want to slow anything down. I was in A LOT of pain by the time the Dr. came. My dad stopped by before his C-section and pretty much told me I was an idiot for not getting my epidural earlier and getting some sleep. I decided that I had had enough pain and got my epidural around 8:30. Things were FANTASTIC after that. The epidural didn't hurt either. I was afraid it was going to be terrible, but it wasn't. The rest of the day went by fairly fast. The Dr. came at 4:10 to check me and we were ready to start pushing. At 4:47 Carson made his appearance. Once again pushing wasn't bad either. I am shocked at how smoothly things went. We are out of the hospital now and had our first night with no nurses. It went pretty well. Zack had to do some of the patrol route last night so my mom took Carson until about 1:00 when Zack was able to get back. He slept and ate pretty well. We are still trying to get used to eachother. Carson has his first Dr's appointment today at 2:15. We will update later this week with what they say. Until then Zack and I will be loving on our little boy!!

2 comments:

The Broaddus Family said...

courtney- the pictures of carson are precious! i'm glad everything seemed to go so smoothly! i have a gift for carson, so let me know when i can drop it by sometime! =)

Cindy said...

Courtney,
He is finally here and he is precious!!! Lilly can't stop looking and talking to his picture. I am so glad that everything went smoothly for you. I want to call, but I want you to get some rest too. I'll call you in a couple of days. Take care.